Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's 'Learning101' for me ...

Having created a blog before, this part is not new, but I know there will be lots of new things to come in the 23 things that I am embarking upon.

This is Step 3 in the Learning 2.0 program, a library focused self-directed course on emerging web technologies and the way people access information and communicate with each other.
I will use this blog to record the steps in the program as well as what I learn along the way. This will be a learning curve for me, not too steep I hope, but one where I will try to challenge myself on each step, trying something new or different as often as possible.

Step 2 involved us thinking about the 7½ habits of lifelong learners. We were asked to think of the easiest and the hardest habits. For me, the easiest would be the last: to play. I always find it a great way to learn things. It really works for me - play, try things out and see what happens. The hardest habit would be the first, start with an end in mind. I'm not sure what I am going to do with all these new skills, but I guess one way of thinking about this could be ...
I will have a range of new skills at my fingertips and new opportunities may arise from it all.

So, here goes ....!

No comments: